Have you ever wondered why the Echo and Fire TV devices don’t speak with each other? Well, now they do. Amazon has announced the introduction of the new Alexa Home Theatre System. Starting today, now you can pair your Echo devices with your Fire TV to make the most of it. Not just as a Wireless speaker, but it’s more than that now. Let’s talk about it below.
What does it mean to connect Fire TV and Echo devices and use Alexa?
This connection means more than just offering wireless audio output. Especially for users with multiple Echo devices. With multiple Echo devices, since they all offer different features; like bass, sound quality. You can create an immersive wireless speaker configuration for your rooms.
Starting with 1.0, 2.0 for basic Echo devices owners, while 1.1 and 2.2 configurations for the Echo sub owners. Whereas, if you are owning the current generation Echo and Echo Plus devices, then you can enjoy the Dolby Audio streaming wireless. Whereas the Echo studio users can stream Dolby Atmos supported content.
How to connect your Fire TV and Echo Studio?
- Below there are steps you can follow to set up your Home Theatre setup.
- Connect your Fire TV device and Echo Studio to the same network and Amazon account.
- In the Alexa app, tap on the Devices icon on the lower right-hand side and then tap the “+” icon on the upper right hand side.
- Tap “Set Up Audio System” from the popup and then tap “Home Theater” on the next screen.
- Select your Fire TV device and then “Next” to name your new Home Theater system.
- Select the Echo devices you would like to use as speakers – you can set-up two speakers, plus an optional Echo Sub.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and fire up the popcorn!