Starting today, users in India can talk to the Google Assistant on their Google Home in Hindi. That’s a huge step towards the utilisation of the Google Assistant on a smart speaker. Earlier this year, Google announced that its Assistant can now speak in Hindi. But until now this support was available only to smartphone users. Now the Hindi support is extended to Google Home speaker line-up in India.
Overwhelmed by the response they have been getting, the company though well to introduce its assistant on Google Home in Hindi. Now Google Home and Home Mini users in India can now play the latest news and songs in Hindi. Getting things done around home now can be done using Hindi. This will widen the aspects of users in India who are using the Home Mini.
How to setup your assistant on Google Home in Hindi?
That’s the easy part! Just follow the steps below on your Google Home/ Home Mini.
- Open the Google Home App on your phone
- Tap the account icon and then tap the Settings
- Open the Assistant tab, then select languages
- Tap on “Add a Language”
- Set it to Hindi as the first language in the list
- Start a conversation by saying the hot word, “Ok Google”.
- Now you can ask your assistant in Hindi and it shall respond in Hindi.
Here are some queries for starters that you can use:
- आप क्या कर सक्ते हैं?
- दादर तक पहुँचने में कितना समय लगेगा?
- माउंट एवरेस्ट कितनी ऊंची है?
- बॉलीवुड के गाने चलाओ
- आज की खबर बताओ
- लाइट ऑन करो
- क्या मेरी बैडरूम के लाइट्स ऑन है?
Note that both languages can’t be used at a time. If the language is set at Hindi, it will respond to Hindi, and not to English queries. Same applicable to vice versa. Unfortunately, the AI hasn’t grown much that it can easily switch between two languages during a single conversation. But yeah you can do all the similar stuff you do with the English counterpart in Hindi as well. At least most! Of course, Google promises that it will grow better as it learns more Hindi language.