Just last week Google officially unveiled the Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL. Hardware wise, there’s not much that would entice existing first generation Google Pixel owners. For anyone looking to upgrade their phones, though, the second generation Pixel phones are shaping up to be compelling purchases. Though not all of the Google Pixel 2’s software can reasonably be ported to other devices, it appears that the Pixel Launcher and Wallpaper from the Google Pixel 2 can be installed right now on many Android devices.
Requirements for Pixel 2 Launcher :-
- Android Lollipop or above
Note :– You can install the APK on non-nexus devices but you will not able to see the Google Feed on the leftmost screen. If you want to see the Google Feed on non-nexus devices then you have to install the APK as system app.
- Grab the APK from this link.
- Install the APK on your device.
- After APK has been installed successfully, Press HOME button on your device. The system will ask which launcher to open. Select Pixel Launcher as ‘always’
Voila! Now you are using latest Pixel Launcher from Google Pixel 2 Device
- We noticed a subtle animation when you swipe up on the dock where it bounces a bit after hitting the top. This feels reminiscent of an iOS-style animation and is something you may not even notice unless you are paying attention.
- Bottom Google Search bar (on all screens)
- At-A-Glance widget (only on the first screen)
Note :- At-A-Glance widget will display the weather only if you have location turned on, otherwise there’s no way to manually set it to one specific location.
At A Glance widget also shows any event that’s in your Calendar app, regardless of whether it’s in your personal calendar or shared ones.