In order to get more customers excited about its JioPhone, Jio has introduced a new Republic Day sale offer exclusively for the device. The new Rs 49 plan introduced by Jio, is its lowest priced plan ever and will offer its users free unlimited data (with a cap of 1GB/day) and calling for 28 days. Customers can also add more data using the sachets worth Rs 11, Rs 21, Rs 51 and Rs 101.
Apart from this, the Republic Day Sale will have more prepaid offers for Jio’s Prime subscribers. Currently, you get 500MB more data on the same plan. Here’s what you get.
JioPhone new revised plans
- 1.5GB data per day for 28 days at Rs 149
- 1.5GB data per day for 70 days at Rs 349
- 1.5GB data per day for 84 days at Rs 399
- 1.5GB data per day for 91 days at Rs 449
- 2GB data per day for 28 days at Rs 198
- 2GB data per day for 70 days at Rs 398
- 2GB data per day for 84 days at Rs 448
- 2GB data per day for 91 days at Rs 498
Jio said in a press release, “Tariffs charged for feature phone users continue to be exorbitant, while their smartphone counterparts on Jio enjoyed free voice calls and high speed data at the most affordable tariffs.”
You can buy a JioPhone for a refundable deposit of Rs 1,500. You can claim a refund after three years. Therefore making the effective price of the phone Rs 0. This feature phone is great for connecting the millions of Indians living in the hinterlands of the country with limited access to high-speed interned.