On September 14, Motorola announced on their blog about the devices that will get an Android Oreo update. Though they haven’t mentioned particularly the date on which the updates will be pushed to these devices, they sure have hinted to the users that they can expect to receive the new Android this fall.
- Moto Z
- Moto Z Droid
- Moto Z Force Droid
- Moto Z Play
- Moto Z Play Droid
- Moto Z2 Play
- Moto Z2 Force Edition
- Moto X4
- Moto G5
- Moto G5 Plus
- Moto G5s
- Moto G5s Plus
Now Motorola has to rely on Google for all the features that apply to these updates. Here are some of the features that Android Oreo could bring to your Motorola devices.
- Your phone’s bootup speed is expected to increase and based on what Google says it could decrease the boot time to as close as half the original time.
- The new Android Oreo also boasts of a better task management for background activities.
- Remember when you used to cascade two window tabs on your PC/computer. Behold, it’s now coming to your phone with your new Android Oreo.
- A better power management system so that you get more from your devices.
- Google Play Protect ensures that the apps you download do not compromise your data.
- If at times you felt, you are not able to express your feelings with an emoji, hold on, new emojis are coming to speak your mind.
- Instant Apps on Android will let you browse an application without downloading it.
Let us know if you are expecting an Android Oreo update for your device this fall.