Samsung seems to be rolling out the Android 8.0 Oreo update to the Galaxy Note 8 users. According to some users on Reddit, they have started receiving the update.
But it might be a soak test after all, which means that the Korean giant might have released this update to a few units in order to see how the update holds when rolled out to every user. This is quite surprising for its users as the Oreo beta testing program was meant for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ and not the Note 8.
This Oreo beta testing will end on January 15 which clearly indicates that the official Oreo build is not far from rolling out.
Although this update has yet not reached every user, it might have made these changes to your smartphone.
- Autofill API support
- Coloured media notifications
- Secure folder can be set to stay unlocked until the screen goes to sleep
- Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs
- Android Security patch for January
- Ability to backup Samsung secure folder in Samsung cloud and
- Customization options for notification badges
Have you received the Android 8.0 Oreo on your Note 8? Let us know in the comments section below.